Providing near real-time satellite data for the coastal ocean
View and download over 800 regional and global datasets, including satellite data, model output, and in situ measurements from field sensors.
ERDDAP Data Server
The ERDDAP data server provides a simple, consistent way to subset and download environmental datasets in common file formats with options to make graphs and maps.
Features Get Data
The Environmental Data Connector (EDC) and Xtractomatic data extraction scripts make it easy to discover and extract data from online servers and download them directly into ArcGIS, R, MatLab, and Excel.
News and Events
- 2015 NOAA Ocean Satellite Data Course, 25-27 Aug. 2015, Seattle WA. Registration deadline extended to July 31. Posted: 6 July 2015
- ERDDAP update - Version notes and instructions for downloading and installing are available for ERDDAP Posted: 15 Jun. 2015
West Coast Workshop for Ocean Color, 19 June 2015 following the IOCS meeting in San Francisco CA. Sponsored by CoastWatch WCRN Posted: 1 May 2015
New CoastWatch website for the West Coast Node unveiled
Posted: 20 Apr. 2015
- Xtractomatic tools update - new versions of Xtracto for Matlab and Xtracto for R directly access an expanded number of datasets Posted: 9 Mar. 2015
- High-resolution VIIRS SST is now available on ERDDAP Posted: 5 Nov. 2014
- VIIRS POC and PIC are now available on ERDDAP Posted: 26 Aug. 2014
- We are pleased to announce the hiring of Dale Robinson as the new CoastWatch manager. Welcome aboard Dale! Posted: 11 Aug. 2014